Mittwoch, 20. Oktober 2010

Audio Lab scans, high rez ...



















In 1959, Syd Nathan formed a budget subsidiary label called Audio Lab and during a three year period released a lot of material that had never appeared in album form, including rare albums by Bullmoose Jackson, Annie Laurie, April Stevens, Sticks McGhee and John Lee Hooker, Lattie Moore, Will Penny, the Light Crust Doughboys, and H-Bomb Ferguson.

AUDIO LAB ALBUM DISCOGRAPHY

Number - Title - Artist [Release Date] Contents

AL-1501 - Music For A Quiet Evening - Shura [1959]

AL-1502 - Dixieland Parade - Pee Wee Erwin and Preacher Rollo [1959]

AL-1503 - Sing and Dance Along With Johnny Long - Johnny Long Orchestra [1959] We'll Build a Bungalow/Calico Ball/In the Evening By the Moonlight/The Bee-I-Ee-I- Ee/Keep Your Skirts Down Mary Ann/Just Friends//Silver Dollar/Anytime is Sweetheart Time/Dixie/Hello/Nobody's Sweetheart/Just Like That

AL-1504 - Songs Of Faith - Various Artists [1959] There's A Leak In This Old Building - Brother Claude Ely/The Arm Of God - Jimmie Osborne/I've Got A Longing To You - Trace Family Trio/Wings Of Faith - Tommy Magness/Gathering Buds - Cope Brothers/Since His Sweet Love Has Rescued Me - Shannon Grayson & His Golden Valley Boys//I Need The Prayers - Clyde Moody/When The Hand Of God Comes Down - Mac O'Dell/I Cried Holy - Harlan County Four/Mother Left Me Her Bible - Esco Hankins/When We See Him Face To Face - Blue Valley Boys/He's Passing This Way - Wade Mainer

AL-1505 - The Fabulous Benny Carter Band - Benny Carter Band [1959]

AL-1506 - Honky Tonk Time - Eddie Smith and Murray Arnold [1959] Honky Tonk Time/Red Wing/Snow Deer/Exhibition Special/The Preacher And The Bear/When You And I Were Young Maggie/Smoking/Red Suspender Blues/Sweet Bunch Of Daisies/Hot Shot Rag/Over the Waves/Jumping Jennie/Silver Star Stomp

AL-1507 - Songs of the Trail - Denver Darling [1959] Old Shep/Tennessee Central #9/Silver Stars/I'm Gonna Sue Sioux City Sue/Ding Dong Polka/Cool Water/Roly Poly/Think Of Home/I Still Say Your Name In My Prayers/I'm Gonna Leave This Old Town others

AL-1508 - Hank Penny Sings - Hank Penny [1959] Bloodshot Eyes/I Was Satisfied/Tell Me About Georgia/Time Will Tell/Flamin' Mamie/We Met Too Late//Wham Bam! Thank You Ma'am/Hillbilly Be-Bop/One Heart, One Love, One Life/Steel Guitar Polka/Remington Ride/I'm Gonna Have My Picture Book

AL-1509 - Dixieland All Stars - Tommy Reynolds and Band [1959] Reissue of King 395-510. Sweet Lips/Satchel Mouth Swing/Gulf Coast Blues/Potato Head/Arkansas Blues/Happy Feet/Monday Date/Mecca Flat Blues/Squeeze Me/Hotter Than That/Waitin' For My Baby/Cornet Chop Suey

AL-1510 - It Hurts To Be In Love - Annie Laurie [1959] It Hurts to Be In Love/Hand in Hand/Nobody's Gonna Hurt You/We Found Love/You're the Only One For Me//Out Of My Mind/Please Honey Don't Go/I'm a Slave to You/Not Wanted/Love Is a Funny Thing

AL-1511 - Avenue Of Prayer - Bailes Brothers [1959] There's a Difference Between Religion and Salvation/Roman's Ten and Nine/Somebody's Praying For You/Jesus Is the One/Jesus' Blood/An Empty Mansion/Daniel Prayed/Building on the Sand/Goodbye Hallelujah I'm Gone/That's What We Need/Avenue of Prayer/Ashamed to Own the Blessed Savior

AL-1512 - Two Shades Of Blue - Jack Dupree and Jimmy Rushing [12/58] The Way I Feel - Jimmy Rushing/In the Moonlight - Jimmy Rushing/She's Mine, She's Yours - Jimmy Rushing/Go Get Some More You Fool - Jimmy Rushing/Somebody's Spoiling These Women - Jimmy Rushing//Walking the Blues - Champion Jack DuPree/Harelip Blues - Champion Jack DuPree/Overhead Blues - Champion Jack DuPree/Silent Partner - Champion Jack DuPree/Everybody'' Blues - Champion Jack DuPree

AL-1513 - Musical Madness - Homer And Jethro [1959] Boll Weevil/Blue Tail Fly/I Feel That Old Age Creeping On/Bill Bailey Won't You Please Come Home/It Bruised Her Somewhat/Goodbye Old Booze//Rye Whiskey/Cieltto Lindo/Groundhog/Poor Little Liza, Poor Girl/All Night Long/Three Night Experience

AL-1514 - Guitar/Vibes - Bill Jennings [1959] It's Easy to Remember/Ja- Da/Plus 8 others

AL-1515 - Songs Of The Hills - Various Artists [1959] The Death of Little Kathy Fiscus - Jimmie Osborne/Good Night Cincinnati, Good Morning Tennessee - Shorty Long/Shenandoah Waltz - Clyde Moody/Honey, Won't You Please Come Home - Luke McDaniel/Thy Burdens Are Greater Than Mine - Redd Stewart/My Lonely Heart - Jimmy Martin and Bob Osborne//The Death of Hank Williams - Jack Cardwell/God Gave Me You - Ann Jones/Big Blue Diamonds - Red Perkins/If God Can Forgive You, So Can I - Charlie Gore/The Lights Are Growing Dim - Harvie June Van/Money, Marbles and Chalk - Pop Eckler

AL-1516 - Jazz On The Rocks - Cecil Young Quartet [1959] Race Horse/Imagination/Plus 6 others

AL-1517 - Traditional Christmas Songs - Various Artists [1959]

AL-1518 - A Time For Prayer - Various Artists [1959] Jesus Will Save Your Soul - Tommy Magness/John Three Sixteen - Horton County Four/Little David Play Your Harp - Brother Claude Ely/I Feel Like Traveling On - Clyde Moody/Paradise - Kitty Mann/I'm on the Battlefield for My Lord - Musical Millers Quartet/I'm Gonna Walk On - Sherman Grayson/My Mother's Dying Message - Trace Family Trio/Be on Time - Mac Odell/Walking For the Lord - J.E. Mainer/I'll Have a New Life - Cope Brothers/Savior of the Old Rugged Cross - Gurney Thomas

AL-1519 - A Day In The Country - Various Artists [1959] Cherokee Waltz/Strange Love/Plus 10 others; Artists: Mac Odell, Red Perkins, Bob Newman, Clyde Moody, Elko Hankins, Jimmy Vernon, Jack Cardwell, Jimmie Osborne, Harve June Van, Jimmy Martin & Bob Osborne, Leon Jackson & Jimmy Bryant, Mattie Martha & Minnie

AL-1520 - Highway Of Blues - John Lee Hooker and Sticks McGee [1959] Nightmare Blues - John Lee Hooker/Moaning Blues - John Lee Hooker/Don't Go Baby - John Lee Hooker/Thinking Blues - John Lee Hooker/Late Last Night - John Lee Hooker/Devil's Jump - John Lee Hooker//Whiskey, Women and Loaded Dice - Sticks McGhee/Sad, Bad, Glad - Sticks McGhee/Head Happy with Wine - Sticks McGhee/Dealin' From the Bottom - Sticks McGhee/Get Your Mind Out of the Gutter - Sticks McGhee/Jungle Juice - Sticks McGhee

AL-1521 - Ann Jones And Her American Sweethearts - Ann Jones [1959] God Gave Me You/I've Had It/Plus 10 others

AL-1522 - Shura In Grand Piano Moods - Shura [1959]

AL-1523 - Songs Of Faith Volume 2 - Various Artists [1959]

AL-1524 - Bull Moose Jackson Sings His All-Time Hits - Bull Moose Jackson [1959] I Love You Yes I Do/I Can't Go On Without You/Cherokee Boogie/My Little Baby/I Want a Bow-Legged Woman/Have You No Mercy//All My Love Belongs To You/Little Girl Don't Cry/Why Don't You Haul Off and Love Me/Sometimes I Wonder/Sneaky Pete/I Never Loved Anyone But You

AL-1525 - The Light Crust Doughboys - Light Crust Doughboys [1959] Guitar Jump/The New Sow Song/Starlight Waltz/Pappy's Banjo Boogie/Honolulu Lou/I Cried And Cried And Cried//Fisherman's Polka/No Suh/Oklahoma Waltz/Billy Goat Rag/Ezra's Waltz/It's A Dirty Shame

AL-1526 - The Country Gentleman - Charlie Gore [1959] Over You/Mabel Mabel/Each Time I Pray/Railroaded/If God Can Forgive You So Can I/Heaven Sent You To Me/This Orchid Means Goodbye/It's A Long Walk Back To Town/Who's Been Dragging Your Little Red Wagon/Gonna Take Another Walk Downtown/Stumbling Block

AL-1527 - Jimmy Osborne Singing Songs He Wrote - Jimmy Osborne [1959] Nag, Nag, Nag/Mama Don't Agree/I Hate to Be Jealous/This Evil Life Don't Pay/It's Just a Habit With You/God Has Taken My Flower/Give Back My Ring and Picture/The Moon is Weeping Over You/The Death of Little Kathy Fiscus/How Many Hearts Can Yoou Break/You Get the Roses, I Get the Thorns/We Can't Take It With Us To Our Grave

AL-1528 - Redd Stewart Sings Favorite Old Time Tunes - Redd Stewart [1959] Gotta Get Back to Dixie/Alone/Plus 10 Others

AL-1529 - Clyde Moody,The Genial Gentleman Of Country Songs - Clyde Moody [1959] Shenandoah Waltz/Ivy/Plus 10 others

AL-1530 - Great Swing Bands Of The Forties - Various Artists [1959]

AL-1531 - Andy Iona And His Islanders/Eddie Martin And His Serenaders - Andy Iona and Eddie Martin [1959]

AL-1532 - Old Time Vaudeville Nite - Caroll and Gorman and Willie Shore [1959]

AL-1533 - A Bouquet Of Songs For Mama - Eddie Berger [1959]

AL-1534 - Torrid Tunes - April Stevens and Marge Phelan [1959] Hot Tamale - April Stevens/Treat Me Nice - April Stevens/C'est Si Bon - April Stevens/Soft Warm Lips - April Stevens/You Said You'd Do It - April Stevens//Don't Try to Take It With You When You Go - Marge Phelan/The Hussy Song - Marge Phelan/I Want a Man - Marge Phelan/The Goodbye Song - Marge Phelan/How Could Red Riding Hood - April Stevens

AL-1535 - Latin Dance Party - Sacabas, Don Ipplito, and Linda Lopez [1959]

AL-1536 - The Kentucky Colonel - Bob Newman [1959] Turtle Dovin'/Lonesome Truck Driver's Blues/Sweet Orchard Vine/Hangover Boogie/Sweet Music/Tonight's The Night//Rover Rover/It Hurts Me/Haulin' Freight/Phftt! You Were Gone/I'm Gonna Give You A Dose Of Your Own Medicine/Sand Boogie

AL-1537 - Country Music In A Turner Style - Zeb Turner [1959] Chew Tobacco Rag/I'm In Love With Someone Else/Huckleberry Boogie/You're Gonna Be Lonesome Downhearted And Blue/Tennessee Boogie/A Drunkard's Confession//Back Back Back To Baltimore/I'm Glad That It's Over/Travelin' Boogie/Beside Your Picture Frame/Boogie Woogie Lou/How Can I

AL-1538 - Big Band Modern - Gerald Wilson [1959]

AL-1539 - A Whole Lot Of Blowin' - Various Artists [1959] I Told You So - Joe Holiday/Down Boy - Willi
s



(no credits available)